Sunday, February 10, 2013

Crazy Dudes In Cars


 Dillard still remembers the chase because it is a moment in her life where she goes through a lot of excitement. It is the feeling you get as a child when your heart beats really fast when your doing something wrong; But it's just fun because you are with your friends and its exciting. I can relate to Dillard's chase because I have been chased myself. It was the summer of sixth grade, when me and my friends Lily, Maitrie, and Christina were spending time together when Maitrie came up with a crazy idea. She suggested we wave and yell hi at every car that came by us. I was a bit nervous about the idea because I did not want the public to think I was crazy however,I was peer pressured into agreeing. It turned out to be lots of fun. Some people completely ignored us while others honked their cars at us which was their version of a greeting. The best hi we got was from an old man, about 60 years old. He basically let go of his steering wheel and waved both his hands out the window and yelled out hi , while the car was still in motion. It was a dangerous thing to do, but he definitely made our day much better. After the old man, me and my friends were a bit more enthusiastic about our little game. We were expecting reactions like the old man from other people. Unfortunately for us a gang of college or senior boys drove by. We yelled out hi to them and the car slowed down as one of them dropped the f-bomb at us. Being ten year olds we freaked out and told him boys sucked. That drove him crazy and he got out of the car and came after us. We ran as quick as we could to Maitrei's house and down the basement. Somerset apartments have connected basements so we went through a maze of connected basements and ended up on the other side of the street. Lucky for us the older boy didn't come after us so nothing bad happened. We were so scared we did not go outside for like four hours. It was actually lots of fun. It was like a game and we won. He couldn't catch us. But to this day I still wonder what would have happened if he had caught us.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! It was so cool how you related Dillard's story to a personal experience; it made it very interesting to read! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete